April 12, 2010 - Daymark Solutions and EMC will join forces on Tuesday, May 11, 2010 for "How to Plan, Design, and Implement a Storage Technology Refresh with a TCO Assessment," an evening seminar for IT professionals. The event will take place at the Hotel Commonwealth, 500 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, at 5:30pm.
Charlie Bristol, Director of Infrastructure Services at Capital Region Health Care of Concord, NH, will be the featured speaker at the event. Bristol will share how his organization applied best practices for technology implementation and change control on a refresh project that included:
- Multi data center disaster recovery replication for Tier 1 applications
- Long-term archival of historical data
- Integration of existing backup technologies into a new EMC infrastructure
- A tiered storage strategy that maps applications with storage performance and availability characteristics
"A storage technology refresh is something every organization faces periodically. It's inevitable as technology changes or business requirements evolve," said Bruce Hall, Director of Client Services at, Daymark Solutions. "The benefits of a refresh can be really significant, but requires careful planning and solid execution. Another vital component is building a Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) assessment that accurately reflects the financial impact of the refresh. We'll be offering some great tips for building a solid TCO that senior management will find detailed and compelling."
Attendees will learn:
- How to plan and implement a technology refresh with minimal impact on your organization
- Migration strategies for transitioning to the new environment
- Best practices for designing application availability
- How to build a TCO analysis that accurately reflects the costs and measures the benefits of the refresh initiative
Complimentary valet parking will be available at the Hotel Commonwealth. A dinner buffet will be served.
Space is limited and advanced registration is required. For more information, contact Daymark Solutions at 978-431-1503 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Daymark Solutions, Inc.
Daymark, an experienced technology solutions provider serving the Northeastern United States, provides and implements best of breed primary server, disk, tape, network, security, and recovery solutions for open systems. The company provides a unique combination of in-depth technology knowledge, extensive experience, and proven methodologies to resolve even the most difficult technology challenges. For more information, call 978-431-1503.