Historically, administrators faced a challenge. Either they had to have a small footprint with View Linked Clones AND needed to re-provision applications (sometimes manually) at the end of all recompose operations. Or, they had to give everyone thick persistent desktops, which ate up storage costs and thereby decreased the ROI of VDI significantly. Enter CloudVolumes.
The Value of CloudVolumes
- Provision and un-provision hundreds of applications with the click of a few buttons
- Provision almost instantaneously
- Provision as the desktop is kept online
- No more reboot before giving users access!
- CloudVolumes gives linked clones the incredible ability to support many desktops using very little storage space .
CloudVolumes and Project Fargo – Better Together
New vSphere 6.0 Features
VMware on the Path to the Promised Land
About the Author
Michael Chen is a Consultant at Daymark Solutions and specializes in virtualization, as well as backup and data recovery for enterprise companies in Financial Services, Telecomm, and Healthcare. Michael holds various certifications from VMware, EMC, Hitachi, and Symantec